The something that you ask can be a number of different things, for instance:
- Ask them to simply click a button when they’ve done something.
- Ask a Client to pay an Invoice.
- Ask a Client or Team Member to upload specific Documents before they may continue.
- Share Documents with a Client, like a brochure or terms and conditions.
- Ask for Approval or agreement with a certain statement in order to continue.
- Ask a Client or Team Member to answer a question before continuing.
- And more…
During the configuration of a Task, you specify which actions are required.
What does a Task look like?
Though the what you ask and whom you ask that from can vary, every Task has some elements that come back time and time again.
- Name – The name of the Task as configured at the time of creation.
- Start date – This is the date that the Task becomes the current Task. (This can be when a previous Task was completed or when this particular Task was created).
- Deadline – The deadline by which this Task is to be completed.
- Status – If the line to the left of the Task is green and solid, the Task is complete. If the line is green and dotted, the Task is the current Task. If the line is grey and dotted, you are looking at an upcoming Task.
- Description – The description that is visible to both Clients and Team Members. This is configured when the Task is created.
- Person who is to complete the Task and Collaborators – This will show the avatar of all the Clients or Team Members who are supposed to complete this Task. It will also show any Collaborators that were added.
- Task menu – This menu gives you options to change the Task. For instance, it allows you to skip a task, add a Collaborator, change the responsible Team Member or send a Message regarding this Task.
- Private description – This description is only visible to you and your Team Members. It is also configured when the Task is created.
Who should complete the Task?
A Task can be assigned to a Team Member or Client for completion. If you want the Client to complete the Task, this is always the Client for whom you created the Dossier. If you want a Team Member to complete a Task, you can select a specific Team Member or assign it to the Team Member who is responsible for the Dossier.
If you want to add more Team Members or Clients to a specific Task, you can add Collaborators. This works on the current Task and upcoming Tasks.
- On the Dossier page, find the Task you want to add Collaborators to.
- In the menu on the top right of the Task you will find the option to add Collaborators to the Task.
- This opens a pop up where you can search for the Clients or Team Members whom you want to add to this particular Task. Select the persons and click Add.
- These Clients or Team Members will now also show up in the Collaborators list and receive Notifications regarding this particular Task.
Assigned Team Member
Every Task has an assigned Team Member, even if this Task is to be completed by a Client. This responsible Team Member will get Notifications regarding this Task and the Task will show up in the list of Tasks to be completed by his Clients.
So, the assigned Team Member is not necessarily the person who has to complete the Task, but he is responsible for ensuring that it happens on time and properly.
The hierarchy behind the Assigned Team Member
Task Team Member
Dossier Team Member
Workflow Team Member
Change the Assigned Team Member
If a Task is not yet completed, you can change which Team Member is responsible for the Task:
- On the Dossier page, find the Task you want to reassign for someone else to supervise or complete.
- In the menu on the top right of the Task you will find the option to reassign the Task.
- This opens a pop up where you can search for the Team Member whom you want to make responsible for this particular Task. Select the person and click Reassign.
Tasks can have deadlines assigned. There are two types of deadlines:
- Deadlines configured when the Task is created – These deadlines are expressed in the number of days from the moment the Task becomes the current Task. This allows you to make a Workflow with automatic deadlines for each step.
- Manual deadlines – When a Task appears in the Timeline, it is possible to add a deadline on a specific date, regardless of when the Task becomes the current Task. This is great if you have external deadlines that you must meet, regardless of when previous Tasks are completed.
Some Tasks are only relevant for you and your Team Members. When adding a Task, you can specify whether you want to hide it from Clients. Hidden Tasks do not appear in the Timeline or Tasks list for your Client.