Menu & Dashboard
When you log into FastPortal the first page you will see is the dashboard page. This is a nice place to start our tour. As you can see it has two major features:
The menu gives you access to the Dashboard, Dossiers, Documents, Invoices, Tasks, Messages, Profile, the More-submenu and more in your portal. This menu will be the same on every page.
The dashboard gives you an overview of what is happening in your portal and what might be important to you right now.
FastPortal consists of a number of different components, that will each be explained in their own chapter in this Help section, but they have one thing in common: all the components can be accessed from this menu that will follow you around on (nearly) every single page of FastPortal.
The menu has the following buttons and dropdowns:
- Logo – The logo of the organization that runs this FastPortal. Administrators can change the logo image.
- Dashboard – access to Your Dashboard.
- Dossiers – access to the Dossiers page.
- Documents – access to the Documents page.
- Invoices – access to the Invoices page.
- More – this opens a submenu with access to the Clients, Team Members, Templates and Portal Settings.
Some items in the More dropdown are only available to Administrators. Don’t panic if you don’t see everything we mention here.
- Tasks – access to your Tasks list. It will also show a little number indicating the number of tasks that are assigned to you and not yet completed.
If the little circle with the number of Tasks is red, that means you have tasks with expired Deadlines.
- Messages – access to your Messages inbox. If you have unread messages, we will show you a little circle with the number of unread messages.
If the little circle with the number of unread Messages is red, that means you have urgent System Messages.
- Your avatar and name – this opens a submenu with access to your Profile, Language Changer, Logout and links to the Terms & Conditions, Privacy Statement & Copyright Statement. It will also tell you that this portal is powered by us, FastPortal!
Your dashboard has the following widgets:
- Quick Access Menu – this is a menu that allows you to quickly Add a Client or Start a Dossier. The submenu under the three dots () allows you to quickly Create an Invoice, Upload a Document or go to your Profile.
Some things mentioned here might not apply to you, because Administrators may have turned off specific components, there is no data to display (yet) or you have to be an Administrator to see the feature.
- Last Dossier – a widget with information about the last Dossier you worked on. See below for a full explanation of this widget.
Start New Dossier Button (Clients Only) – If self-sign up for dossiers is enabled, a client can use this button to start a dossier without intervention from an employee.
- Tasks – this widget shows the number of (to be completed) Tasks that are assigned to you and the number of (to be completed) Tasks assigned to Clients on Dossiers that you are assigned to.
If the number of Tasks is red and has an exclamation mark next to it, that means some tasks are past their Deadline.
- Invoices – this widget shows the total number of unpaid Invoices in your portal. In parentheses it shows the number of unpaid Invoices that have expired.
- Messages – this widget shows the number of unread Messages.
If the number of Messages is red and has an exclamation mark next to it, that means you have urgent System Messages.