Create a Client
Create a Client account as a Team Member
Any Team Member can create a Client account. You can create a new Client account by following these steps:
- Click on the Dashboard link in the Menu at the top of the page. This opens your Dashboard.
- Click the Add Client button at the top of the page to open the Add Client window.
- Enter the salutation (like Mr, Ms, Dr, etc), first name, last name and email address of the new Client. The assigned Team Member will default to you, but feel free to change this to any other Team Member.
The email address you use for this Client may not be used by any Team Member and it may not be used by another Client account as the username for login.
- 4. If you left Notify Client on Yes, the new Client will receive an email message with a link to confirm his email address and pick a passwor d. He can then log in on your login page and get started.
By changing Notify Client to No, you can create a Client account without sending them an email to tell them it exists. That gives you time to prepare their account by uploading documents, starting dossiers or completing their Client Profile. You can then use the password reset function to send them an email with the login information.
Create a Client account by self-signup
If an Administrator has enabled Client self-signup, your login page will have a registration link. Anyone who knows where your login page is to register a Client account, by following these steps:
- Go to the login page for your portal, which will look like this:
- On that login page, they can click on the Register Here link.
- This opens up a registration page where they can enter their preferred salutation (like Mr, Ms, Dr, etc), first name, last name, company name (optional), e-mail address and password. They must also confirm that they agree with the Terms and Conditions.
- After clicking Register, the new Client will receive an email message with a link to confirm his email address. He can then log in on your login page and get started.
Create multiple Client accounts with a single email address
There are situations in which a single person with a single email address needs more than one Client account. However, if you or a Client tries to create a new Client account, you will get a warning that the email address is already in use. That makes sense, because most people will use their email address as a username to log in. In fact, that is our default.
That means, in order to allow the same email address for multiple accounts, we need to change the username for the original account into something other than the email address.
Just follow these steps:
- Find the original account – find the Client who needs another account with the same email address or create a new Client account for him.
- Open the Client Profile – open the Client Profile for the Client from step one by clicking the pencil on the Clients page:
- Change the Username field – this client will have a Username field that is identical to his email address. Just change this username into whatever you like, as long as it is not used by anyone else in your portal.
The username you pick must be entirely unique and not used by anyone else. Do not use an email address as a username, unless it is identical to the email address of the account, otherwise things will become very confusing.
- Create the new account – simply create a new Client account using the same email address you just replaced. You may change the username for this account as well, but you don’t have to. (Unless, of course, you want to create another account with this email address.)